I then measured on all 3 where I wanted the top of my box to be on the high end. I used a magazine for measurement.
I also measured them where I wanted at the lowest point for the front of my mail organizer thingies. I marked the magazine to be sure they would all the the same!
I drew diagonals on both sides of all 3 from top mark to bottom mark. I then cut along the black lines.
Here is what I ended up with! I wasn't going to use the other half, but the seemed the be just the right size for un-opened mail. So I taped them back together using masking tape. I also taped the inside bottoms closed all all the boxes.
I then lined up my 3 boxes and taped the top sides together with the thick masking tape. Kinda hard to see in the photo. It's just the 2 top cut portions that will be touching...
The gluing of the paper is hard to take a picture of, but... I just held up cute scrapbook paper and cut it so it would be a little larger than the side I was putting it on. For the two ends of each I cut slits at the top where it would fold over into each seperate section.
Here are my 2 boxes drying overnight. I did each side a different paper. You could go crazy and cut and tear lots of papers or go more simple and do all sides the same.
Here is my nice organized corner. I thought about labeling each section and probably still will, but I wanted to see what kind of junk papers cam through before I did that. I think my sections on the big one will be: Kiddos, File It, and Scott (That's my hubbies name.) Notice his section on the far right... PACKED! He is in the military and we get tons of crazy paper work coming through. It usually ends up in it's own giant box... But I wanted to show you EVERYTHING that was on the counter!
This would also be a great way to organize your magazines, piano books, recipes.... you name it!