Tuesday, July 24

Super Easy Pasta e Fagoli + Sausage

Welcome to the first ever
TUMMY TICKLED TUESDAY!
Where I try out a new recipe or cooking tip and share it with you!

I am the perfect Stay at Home Mommy. I make a perfect little grocery list and I always remember to bring it with me.  I prance around the grocery store happily placing tiny check marks next to each item as I lovingly toss it into my cart!  When I am done I have every ingredient I need for all of my perfectly planned meals for my perfectly organized family.  Aren't I perfect!

I suppose I would be if ANY of that were true!  Ha ha ha!  I do make a list but it seems, even then, certain things get left on the store shelves!  This past week daily swim lessons threw off my grove, but in a good way I suppose.  I planned a to have a yummy Pasta e Fagoli for my family one night.  We love Olive Garden and this is the "soup" my husband always orders as a side.  But... being cheap and never able to shell out Olive Garden cash, I found a recipe from AllRecipes.com.  Of course...  on the night set aside for Pasta e Fagoli I noticed I had somehow left out pretty much ALL of the ingredients from my list for this recipe!  

But I was determined!  I was able to find ingredients to sub in my pantry that almost perfect covered the thing I was supposed to buy! 
 Pasta e Fagoli + Sausage

  • 1 Jar Classico brand Spaghetti Sauce Italian Sausage Flavor (To sub for my lack of canned tomato sauce and spices.)
  • 1 Can French Onion Soup (For my lack of onions AND beef broth.  This soup is Beef Broth based.)
  • 1-2 Cups Ruffles Pasta (For my lack of ditalini pasta.)
  • 1 Can Garbanzo Beans (For my lack of cannellini beans.  I really would use cannellini beans though...)
  • 1 Package Italian ground Sausage (Not traditional, but my hubby likes MEAT so I knew he would enjoy the "beefing" up.)
Dump French onion + recommended water, the jar of spaghetti sauce and the beans into a large pot.  Cook for about 20 minutes.  Brown your sausage while waiting for that and chuck it in the pot when it's all done.
Then add you noodles and allows them to cook in the soup.  About 10-15 more minutes.  Add more water if it isn't "soupy" enough for ya!  There are enough spices in there that more water will not drown the taste!


Here it is done!  While far from the fancy recipes this turned our VERY good!  I think the only thing I would have done different was use the cannellini or at least some smaller sore of white bean.  The garbonzo's are kinda big...
I served it with some parmesean on top!  I made enough for lunch the next day, but... we all had seconds!  When all the kids want more you KNOW it's a recipe that will be repeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment