Tuesday, March 2

Pumpkin Rocks


Ok... this is an easy cheesy craft that we have done for three years. It started cause our kids were way to little to carve a pumpkin and we wanted them to have something to do while we carved!

All I did was drive around and find some large rocks. I didn't want them perfect. I wanted them to have character so they would look different every year. Make sure you wash them well.

We let them paint a nice layer of orange on them one night and the next we let them paint "faces". I say "faces" because so far they paint a face and get so excited about painting they keep going until it's covered.

Our original plan was to paint them like turkey's at Thanksgiving, Santa or Christmas ornaments, Easter eggs.... So far we are almost to easter and our pumpkins are still outside!

1 comment:

  1. great idea. We've painted rocks before but I never thought of doing it for a theme! My sons are always asking to paint them but I didn't want to have a zillion misc painted rocks laying around...this is wonderful! Btw, found you on Tatertots and Jello :)

    ReplyDelete