Friday, March 5

Rainbow Crayons

Ok... Wracking my brains on what to do for St. Patrick's Day, besides our usually family tradition which I will post later cause I'm to excited about these! I asked my 3 year old son and he handed me the crayons that came in his "lunch box" he purchased from the thrift store. He was confused why anyone would put crayons in a lunch box. Anyways... he said we could color a rainbow.... well... I took it one step further!

First I divided the crayons into separate color piles.

Next I unwrapped and broke them into smaller pieces. After which I placed them in muffin cups with double the paper in case the wax was... well... to waxy!

Then I put them into the oven preheated to 275. And we watched em melt!

This is the crayons at 8 minutes.

This is the crayons at 14 minutes! I actually walked away and came back and BAM! Melted crayons. Happened fast!

After letting them cool I popped 'em out of their muffin papers and TaDAAAAA! Giant Rainbow crayons. I actually think this would be MUCH easier with new crayons instead of recycled old ones. The papers were a pain in the patootie. I also think they would be fun with mixed colors instead of one color per cup. Then they would be easy for little fingers and much harder to break. I think the only thin bad about these crayons is the mess they would make if they melted in your car! I'm so gunna make these for our nursery kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment