Friday, May 18

Overnight Blueberry French Toast

I found a recipe via Pinterest from RealMomKitchen.  YUMMY!  BUT...  My hubby HATES cream cheese and, unless in a cheesecake, I am not a fan either!  So... this is my adapted recipe for the same thing but without the cream cheese!
Overnight Blueberry French Toast
12 slices of bread, cubed (They recommend Texas, I used my regular ol' wheat!)
1 Cup of Blueberries (I used Frozen)
12 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
2 Cups Heavy Cream!  LOL (She used milk...  but... YUM!)

Spread your bread cubes into a 9 X 13 pan.  Sprinkle with your blueberries all over the top.  In a separate bowl mix the milk, eggs, and Syrup.  Then pour that over the top of your bread and blueberries.  Cover this all with foil and put in the fridge overnight.  I did this in the morning and we had Brinner!  (Breakfast Dinner)  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes and DONE!  Yummy!
I served it with maple or blueberry syrup (my kids like blueberries, but not the syrup for some reason!)  And whip cream!  Yum!

I also served this with my Canadian Egg Boats!  They are a huge hit with my kids.  I think because it has the word Boat in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment