Tuesday, September 11

Mrs. Simmon's Bread

Welcome to 
Tummy Tickled Tuesday!
Where I share some to make your tummy happy!

When I was a Senior in High School I had this boyfriend whose mom made the most delicious bread.  Seriously...  I gained 10 pounds dating this guy because of this bread!  When I got married she gave me the recipe to make for my own family!  To this day it is one of our favorite breads to eat.  In fact... I made it for our recent drive from Florida to Texas.  For a 11 hour drive it lasted about 1 hour AND we had just eaten.  It's just so yummy!

So now I introduce to you....

Mrs. Simmon's Bread!

IN A SMALL BOWL ADD
1/4 cup warm water
1 Pkg Fleishmann's Rapid Rise Yeast
1 tsp sugar
MIX GENTLY

IN A LARGE BOWL ADD
1 cup warm water
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Wesson Vegetable Oil
1- 1 1/2 tsp salt
MIX WELL
add the yeast mixture
MIX WELL
add 4 1/4 cups of flour
STIR WELL
The dough will be pretty sticky.  Cover it would foil or was paper and let it rise for 8 hours." 
Preheat the over to 400.  Pour the flour out on a floured surface, add a little flour and for a ball.
Cut in half, and then each half into three.  
Roll and stretch into snake like strands.  Use the strands to create two braids for two loaves.
Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes.  Butter the tops while hot and ENJOY!

I tried to get a good pic, but... after buttering mine and going to get the camera I came back to this!
Pretty yummy stuff huh baby!






No comments:

Post a Comment