Thursday, May 26

The Upcycled Sweatpants

 The Upcycle Circle

My MIL had a box of clothing she was giving away, so...  I raided it!  Then I had a magical idea.  Here are seven shirts I pulled.  For each shirt I upcycle I will use the remnants of a different shirt to finish or embellish it.
 Enter....  THE UPCYCLE CIRCLE!!!  So, for each shirt I will use the remnants of the shirt to it's right!  Going around in a circle!!! Are you ready?  


Here are a pair of sweatpants and what was left of the sweater shirt from before.
I started by laying the pants flat and cutting straight across just above the crotch.
I then cut the pants like so!  I cute a sort of squiggly near where the ankle would go to make two sleeves.  That second piece that is pulled out...  Just chuck it.  The third piece is going to be the bottom of the shirt.  The 4th is the top part of the shirt.
I started transforming the top of the shirt by cutting out the pockets and trimming down the seam a little.  This is where the arms will go through!  he he...
I then slipped the sleeves into the holes...
And pinned them into place!
The parts I left the for the waist part of the shirt I cut open at the seams, trimmed to size and sewed together along the sides.
Using the old bottom of the sweatshirt I created a belt and sewed it on.
Then I laid out the top part and gathered near the bottom it to fit the bodice.  I sewed it into place there!
 There was a faded Air Force logo over the let breast.  So I used scraps to sew a flower and cover it!
 I LOVE how this turned out.  After I slipped it on I pulled the drawstring at the neck and it ruffled the collar.
This turned out much dressier than I though...  I think it's the silhouette?  I also think I'm gunna dye it a different color...  Dark purple?


Total Cost:  FREE
Sweatpants: MiL's Giveaway Stash


No comments:

Post a Comment